Friday, March 9, 2012

Room Re-do and misc.

 I feel like my room has a weekly re-do button on it lately. :) But it's all good. My director is moving out some of our very large furniture to free up space in our rooms (Yay! I like the big furniture but not feeling claustrophobic). So we removed my huge three-person art table and put in a smaller table. The smaller art table fit right next to the sink, which will be perfect come assessment time.


 

Moving the art table to it's new location meant a change in the science center as well since we ousted it from it's previous home during the shuffle. The science shelf had previously been up against a wall in my room; because of the change I was able to leave it out away from the wall, and lo and behold if there wasn't a nice bookshelf behind it! Now I have been wanting this type of bookshelf for my room since day one and it was there all along. So now I have a new art center and a new book center.

Reading Center


Science Center's new home by the sunny window

                                      
I also changed my poster rack a bit (wish I had hung my posters this way first rather than punching holes in them all and putting rings through them. There were so many I couldn't flip them over the bar without one of the holes tearing. :(   ). If I had it to do over again, this is how I'd do all my posters: just clip them onto old-fashioned clip clothes hangers. And a bonus, you can also hang your classroom Big Books this way. My chart rack has almost evolved into its own center as the kiddos like to stand and look at the charts or take down a book to read. :)



I have bought a new light to add to my loft as it stays so dark (as evidenced by the right side of this classroom photo). I wanted clear Christmas lights to twine around its bars but hey, it's not Christmas anymore. And apparently Wal-mart doesn't sell Christmas lights right now because it's MARCH *smacking forehead*. So I had to settle for an under-cabinet light which I hope to install over the weekend. 



I plan to add glow-in-the-dark stars to the loft's ceiling. I also picked up some 4-foot and 6-foot vines from our Dollar Tree (love that place) and I will wrap these around our brown loft. I am hoping it will end up resulting in a sparkling, well-lit, magical treehouse effect, as our class decided to vote and call it---wait for it--- The Treehouse. From now on it will be a rotating, changing center. It has been a bear cave, a lion cage, and now it's a beauty shop. What it will be next week depends on what we have stashed in our organized and now super-clean (thanks to our director and her sister) daycare storage closet. 

I suppose that's enough rambling for now. All this coming from yet another post on changes to my room decor. Whew! My carpal tunnel is kicking in. For what it's worth, you shouldn't see any more redecorating posts on here. I think I am finally, totally settled into my room. I probably will not change it again. At least for another month. ;)

-Lynn









1 comments:

Heather's Heart said...

Lynn,

Your room is such a fun and inviting place...I bet your kiddos don't even realize they are learning!

Come visit me when you get the chance...sometimes your can get new followers from commenting and following! =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Post a Comment