Saturday, March 17, 2012

Conference, Here I come!

I am very excited to be heading to Nashville this month to a conference with my fellow co-workers at the daycare. It will make for a long but hopefully, interesting and educational day for us as we take courses to help us in our childcare setting.

We had a fun week leading up to St. Patrick's Day. We read books on leprechauns, located Ireland on our globe, made an Irish flag, sorted Lucky Charms cereal (and ate it of course), and dressed as leprechauns for a photo session. I can't wait to add these photos to our graduation slide show, and hope to get them posted on here soon.

Here are some random shots of my kiddos working with Playdough on free art day. They love it. I like to get in there with them and create. Not to mention I love the smell of the stuff. It's also great for working our stress and anxiety. Playdough is very therapeutic.









I never got to post this photo of our class making Bear Snacks. We had studied bears for a week and used peanut butter mixed with honey for the faces, bananas for the ears, and raisins for a smile and eyes. We had no children with food allergies then.


I apologize for this horrid photo. The room was dark as it was nap time and the chart is so long I had to back way up to capture it. The chart you see is called the Clip Chart method of behavior management. I found it online and will have to credit the author later as I cannot think of his name name. Everyone gets a clothespin "clip" and starts the day on green which is "ready to learn". Students can move, via behaviors, all the way up to "outstanding" or down to "parent contact". I like this system as it focuses on positive behaviors instead of only focusing on the negatives. But keeping up with moving sixteen clips all day long is going to wear me out fast! And I admit, it's harder to catch positive behavior than negative. :(  But I hope this will help the class learn to gauge their actions. And I get to treat those with outstanding behaviors with extra praise and maybe even some notes home. :)

Until next time,
Lynn



0 comments:

Post a Comment