Friday, September 20, 2013

Egg carton painting: fall trees

   Today my "littles" painted fall art using recycled egg cartons. So much fun and minimal mess. The egg cartons make perfect stampers.

  I started off by cutting some brown paper tree trunk shapes for the class to glue on their papers. Then I cut an egg carton into sections. I cut mine into fours because I wanted really full trees. I poured some washable paint into pie pans and let the kiddos dip the newly-made stampers into the paint and onto the paper. Easy peasy. I set out the fall paint colors and let them have at it. The egg carton's dividers naturally stick up and make a great little handle for gripping.

  These photos are of me testing the idea before presenting it to a class full of wiggly preschoolers. I will add their photos when I get them uploaded.





That's all for now folks!



0 comments:

Post a Comment